Master of Education Chinese as a Foreign Language
You benefit from our cooperation with different partners throughout the Chinese-speaking world with a voluntary exchange semester. We extend our curriculum through regular lectures and courses given by guest lecturers from around the world.
Our lecturers are specially trained to teach the Chinese language as a foreign language.
- Degree: Master of Education (M.Ed.)
- Standard period of study: 4 Semester
- Start of Programme: winter semester
- Admission: admission restricted (application with the faculty)
- Requirements: Bachelor degree in East Asian Studies/ Chinese as a Foreign Language (University of Göttingen) or completion of a sinological bachelor's degree which required a comparable language level and comparable foreign language didactic knowledge. Final grade of the Bachelor's degree of should be Minimum of 2.5. With a final grade of 3.5 applicants teaching ability can be tested in anadditional 30-minute oral exam.
- Language Requirements: knowledge of standard modern Chinese at the level B2.1 according to the Common European Framework, German (proof required)
- Application: Further information on the application and the respective deadlines for the MEd Chinese as a Foreign Language can be found here.
Content of the program
- Intensive language training: An intensive training in modern Chinese language in speaking and writingis offered. It is based on the language level of each corresponding BA program.
- Didactics: Mediation for Chinese teaching in Germany specialized in didactics of teaching Chinese as Foreign Language.
Structure of the study
Students should enroll in the Master's degree module a study-related study or practical placement of at least six month in a country where Chinese is used as the official language.
Career Opportunities and Prospects
- Textbook Development / Publishing
- Translation and Interpretation
- tutor activities
- PhD in teaching Chinese as a foreign language or Chinese Linguistics
- Coach / Trainer
Further information on the application and the respective deadlines for the MEd Chinese as a Foreign Language can be found here.