In the last years, new scientific institutions on East Asian Studies have been established in Göttingen. After the re-establishment of the Department of East Asian Studies in 2008, the Centre for Modern East Asian Studies was founded in 2010 as research platform for all the researchers in Göttingen who are working on East Asian studies research. With close cooperation with the German-Chinese Institute for Intercultural German Studies and Culture Comparison, the German-Chinese Institute for Legal Studies and the Max Planck Institute for the Study of Religious and Ethnic Diversity, four BA courses and three MA programs were set up, from which students are offered wide range of choices and opportunities to develop. With the presence of researchers in Göttingen and scholars who come from the People’s Republic of China and the Republic of China (Taiwan), our students have many opportunities to learn about China and get to learn the different interpretations of China.
Environment of Göttingen
- Centre for Modern East Asian Studies (CeMEAS)
- Akademisches Konfuzius-Institut (AKI)
- Centre of Transregional Research Network (CETREN)
- Max-Planck-Institut zur Erforschung multireligiöser und multiethnischer Gesellschaften (MPI)
- Forum für Transregional und Global Studien